The Biochip Collaborative actively pursues the intellectual property relevant to its research advances and welcomes inquiries for licensing, commercialization, and product and company development. The portfolio includes structures, methods, and advances in biofabrication, microfluidics, biomaterials, and biomolecular assembly and functionalization.
Inquiries should be referred to Professors William Bentley or Gary Rubloff, or to the University of Maryland Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC, www.otc.umd.edu).
Current patents and patent publications include:
- “Fabrication and Integration of Polymeric BioMEMS”, Jung Jin Park, Reza Ghodssi, Gary W. Rubloff, Mark Joseph Kastantin, Sheng Li, Li-Qun Wu, Hyunmin Yi, Theresa Michelle Valentine, U.S. Patent No. 7,375,404, issued May 20, 2008.
- “Spatially Selective Deposition of Polysaccharide Layer onto Patterned Template”, William E. Bentley, Reza Ghodssi, Gregory F. Payne, Gary W. Rubloff, Li-Qun Wu, Hyunmin Yi, Wolfgang Losert, Douglas S. English, U.S. Patent No. 7,790,010, issued Sep. 7, 2010.
- “Biolithographical Deposition and Materials and Devices formed therefrom”, Gregory F. Payne, Gary W. Rubloff, Hyunmin Yi, Rohan Fernandes, Li-Qun Wu, Reza Ghodssi, and William E. Bentley, U.S. Patent No. 7.820,227, issued Oct. 26, 2010.
- “Controlled Electrochemical Deposition of Polysaccharide Films and Hydrogel and Materials Formed Therefrom”, Gregory F. Payne, Li-Qun Wu, Reza Ghodssi, William E. Bentley, Gary W. Rubloff, Hyunmin Yi, Rohan Fernandes, Tianhong Chen, David A. Small, U.S. Patent No. 7,883,615, issued Feb. 8, 2011.
- “Assembly of Chitosan onto an Electrode Surface”, Li-Qun Wu, Mark J. Kastantin, Hyunmin Yi, Gary W. Rubloff, William E. Bentley, Reza Ghodssi, Gregory F. Payne, Pub. No. US 2007/0172821, 7/26/2007.
Additional patent applications are pending on most recent work.